Standard Assessment Tests (SATs)
Thank you to everyone who attended our information evening. Here you will find some additional information from Department for Education which includes test materials from previous years.
In addition to this, there is a link to the government website that includes a leaflet on the key stage one and two tests as well as some helpful videos. We have also included some helpful links to websites if you would like to do some additional revision with your child/dren over the next two weeks.
SATs week will commence on the week beginning 9th May where the following tests will be conducted:
- Monday 9th May – Grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Tuesday 10th May – Reading
- Wednesday 11th May – Mathematics Arithmetic Paper 1 and Reasoning Paper 2
- Thursday 12th May – Mathematics Reasoning Paper 3
All of the papers will be carried out in the mornings but more information can be found on the slides.
On Wednesday, please send your child/ren in in normal P.E kit as the children will have P.E as normal in the afternoon. If your child/ren does have COVID or are seriously ill on the morning of SAT’s, then please contact the school office immediately. This year, the government have given schools a two-week window for children who contract COVID to undertake their assessments.
If you do have any further questions or queries, then please do contact your child/ren’s class teacher either after school or via Seesaw.
SATs Evening Presentation
In addition to our own slides, we encourage you to read the 'Information for Parents' on the Gov.uk website.
Previous Key Stage 2 SATs papers are published by the Department for Education and are ideal materials for you to use with your child in preparation for their tests. Please note that while these papers include questions covering important areas of understanding, they do not necessarily reflect the current curriculum, answer expectations or mark scheme.
These additional resources are all these resources are free to access.
- Primary Homework Help Maths SATs questions
- IXL Year 6 Maths resources
- BBC BiteSize KS2 Maths
- Primary Homework Help Maths games and activities
- ICTeachers SATs practice questions
- The School Run's links to a range of parent articles and resources
- Free sample downloads (sign up required)
- A range of revision activities from BBC SkillsWise
- KS2 resources from the BBC
Data Collection and Privacy
We collect information about you and your child for a variety of purposes while they are enrolled at Hook Junior School and this includes the recording of information related to examinations and assessments. You can learn more about what information we collect and process in our Data Protection Privacy Notice.